shared this story
from Wikipedia – Recent changes [en].
Rat coronavirus, or RCV, is a strain or subspecies of Murine coronavirus that infects rats. The earliest discovered strains of Rat coronavirus were Sialodacryoadenitis virus, also known as SDAV, and Parker’s Rat Coronavirus (PRC). Four other substrains have since been discovered; CARS, RCV-BCMM, RCV-W and RCV-NJ.
The viral particles of RCV are irregular to round and about 120 to 160 nm in size. They cannot be distinguished morphologically from other members of the genus Coronavirus.
Sialodacryoadenitis virus, or SDAV affects the upper respiratory tract and can be transmitted between individuals by direct contact and indirectly by aerosol. It causes the disease Sialodacryoadenitis, the primary symptom of which are tropism of the salivary, lachrymal and harderian glands. Most infections are mild, but acute infections have high morbidity. It is spread among laboratory animals as well as in pets.
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Taxonomy browser (Embecovirus)”. <a href=”http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov” rel=”nofollow”>www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov</a>. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- ^ Ann Story (May/June 2009). “Rat Coronavirus”. Pro-Rat-a (171). Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- ^ Yoo, Dongwan; Pei, Yanlong; Christie, Natasha; Cooper, Melissa (July 2000). “Primary Structure of the Sialodacryoadenitis Virus Genome: Sequence of the Structural-Protein Region and Its Application for Differential Diagnosis”. Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology. 7 (4): 568–573. ISSN 1071-412X. PMID 10882653.
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Coronaviruses (RCV and SDAV)”. dora.missouri.edu. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Rat Coronavirus—an overview”. <a href=”http://www.ScienceDirect.com” rel=”nofollow”>www.ScienceDirect.com</a> Topics.
Michael Novakhov – SharedNewsLinks℠